I’m not a fan of obsessively trying to increase hair growth with a bunch of crazy methods because I prefer to focus on healthy hair care. Assuming you don’t have any medical conditions…hair grows, it has always grown and will always grow. However, I don’t judge ladies who eagerly race towards achieving the long hair of their dreams by pushing their strands to grow faster than the average 1/2 inch per month. Plus, I know there are certain circumstances in which we all want our hair to be as long and as healthy as possible….like a wedding! Right?! It has always been my dream to have weave-free, long, flowing hair the day I walk down the aisle! Hmmm….I wonder if the reason I haven’t gotten married yet is because I haven’t achieved my length goals?! *insert crying laughing emojis here* Anyway, for ladies who want to increase their hair growth as much as possible here are a few tips.
- Daily scalp massages to get your blood flowing to your scalp which stimulates hair growth. Check out this handy scalp massaging brush.
- Growth aids are products that when applied to the scalp regularly have been proven to increase growth, such as castor oil and sulfur based oils like Bee Mine’s sulfur serum.
- Drinking lots of water keeps your hair hydrated from the inside out. It is recommended that you divide your weight (in lbs) by two and drink that amount of water in ounces every day. So for example, if you weigh 140 lbs you would drink at least 70 ounces of water per day.
- Regular exercise is a natural way to increase circulation which increases growth but also, when your body is healthy your hair grows better!
- The inversion method involves turning your head upside down and massaging an oil of your choice into your scalp for at least five minutes per day. Read more about the inversion method and see ladies’ results.
- Eating a vegetable packed diet provides your hair with lots of nutrients and vitamins necessary not only for healthy bodies but also healthy hair growth. In addition, take a multivitamin daily to make sure you are getting at least your recommended daily value of each vitamin. There are specialized vitamins geared for faster hair growth, like Beauty Vites and Hairfinity, that can help push out your strands even faster.